UML Specifications - available for download
Please contact us regarding additions and corrections.
- Current Specification: UML v. 2.4.1 [Aug 2011][+]
- UML v. 2.4 [Jan 2011][+]
- UML v. 2.3 [May 2010][+]
- UML v. 2.2 [Feb 2009][+]
- UML v. 2.1.1 [Aug 2007][+]
- UML v. 2.0 [Jul 2005][+]OMG UML v. 2.0 Superstructure Specification - (OMG doc# formal/05-07-04). Major revision to UML 1.x, originally proposed by the UML2 Partners language design team as OMG doc# ad/03-04-01 in April 2003. Major changes include: definition of new diagram type (Composite Structures), numerous ehancements to Activity and Sequence diagrams, and full integration of Action Semantics.
For OMG UML 2.0 Infrastructure Specification, and XMI machine readable support files see Documents Associated With UML Version 2.0.
- UML2 Partners' Proposed Specification for UML 2.0 (later formally adopted as OMG UML v. 2.0)[+]Unified Modeling Language: Superstructure v. 2.0 - (OMG doc# ad/03-04-01). Major revision to UML 1.x proposed by the UML2 Partners language design team on 10 April 2003, later formally adopted by OMG as OMG UML v. 2.0.
- UML v. 1.5 [Mar 2003][+]
- UML v. 1.4 [Sep 2001][+]
- UML v. 1.3 [Mar 2000][+]
- UML v. 1.2 [Dec 1998][+]OMG UML Specification v. 1.2 - (OMG doc# ad/98-12-02). Editorial cleanup minor revision, which reformatted the specification and corrected typographical errors and logical inconsistencies, but did not make significant technical revisions.
- UML v. 1.1 [Aug 1997][+]
- UML Partners' Proposed Specification for UML 1.0 (later formally adopted as OMG UML v. 1.1)[+]To Be Provided
UNIFIED MODELING LANGUAGE and UML are trademarks of the Object Management Group. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.